What is Pregnancy Belly Casting?
Pregnancy belly casting is the process of making a plaster cast of an expecting mother's form.
The casting process is designed to allow the expectant mother to feel Blessed, honored and pampered. Her comfort, well-being, and relaxation are my first goal throughout the process.
Mother and baby/babies will rest assured that Only completely safe natural materials are used, and you can rely on the gentle hands and skill of an experienced artist and Maternity massage therapist that has years of experiences with helping Moms relax. Babies seem to enjoy the massage they naturally get from the casting process also!
A professional-quality, lasting memento of the mother's beautiful, unique pregnancy shape is created, to be treasured as a lasting reminder and connection to this special time in the expectant family's lives.
How it Works - The Casting
Feel free to contact me to ask any questions you have and to tell me what you're looking for.
1) Belly castings are typically done when you are about 8 months pregnant and can take up to 1.5 hrs. We will set-up a convenient time to do the belly casting. You can do it by yourself, with a partner, with your family, or arrange a baby shower party.
2) You can relax, knowing that I will provide all the necessary supplies, and you don't need to do anything else apart from show up! I will email you some ideas to consider before our session, so you can think about what shape cast you might want.
3) When you (and your companion(s)) will be treated with the utmost respect and care from start to finish. I will particularly honor you as a woman and as an expectant mother, and will encourage your companion(s), if you have them, to take on supportive roles also. I will clearly explain the process to all present, answering any additional questions and addressing any concerns before starting the belly casting process. You will decide if you want the process to be photographed at various stages throughout. Photographs will be emailed to you within 3 days of the
4) I will work to get you feeling physically and emotionally comfortable with the process. If you decide on it, we can play music, and you can soak your feet in scented water as we do the belly casting.
5) Sit back, relax, and enjoy the nurturing feeling of having the cast gently applied to your pregnant form. Your companion(s) can participate in this process if you so choose. Note: Only natural products will be placed directly on your skin.
6) We will gently pull the cast off you once it is initially dry. You will be able to wash off and re-dress.
7) After leaving, I will cut the edges to exactly the shape that you want, reapply plaster for smooth, professional-looking edges, and coat the cast with a formula which smooths and strengthens it, once it is fully dry. I will also prime the cast for decorating. I can add holes and a ribbon or wire for hanging and Custom work, it if you wish also. You will be able to pick up your piece is completed, this will depend on the if you get Classic, Deluxe or Custom castings done.
Sometimes, mothers want Name and Date put on it, which would make the Casting available for pick-up after the baby is born. You will be give an Approx. date of pick-up.